“Jesus delivers superior quality interior and exterior painting and repairs. I highly recommend Jesus and have many times to my
friends and neighbors over the past 10 years. He is a hard working family man, trustworthy, fair with his pricing and always finishes the job neatly to completion. You can count on Jesus
every time to do a great job.”
Amy L. | Johns Creek, GA
Another great way to transform a room instantly, while adding value to your investment, is by adding trim work. Just like paint color can affect the way a room feels
and is perceived and can even alter your mood the same can be true with the use of trim. It not only helps define a space but gives you the opportunity to give a room a lot of detail. Interior trim
helps any room achieve balance, definition and proportion. Trim-work can create strong lines making a small room look larger or a ceiling look higher. The right trim and size can make a room look
modern, sophisticated, dramatic, formal or rustic. Interior trim outlines and enhances what’s inside a room for example:
- Baseboard trim lines the bottom of the walls and sits on the floor covering any irregularities.
- Crown molding is found on the top of the wall and can add height to a space. The size of the crown molding depends on the height of the wall.
- Picture-rail or chair-rail can help lower the ceiling and create a cozier room. The lines created by the chair-rail makes a room look longer and wider. Its helps divide a large wall space while
- Wainscoting is best in areas that are subjected to a lot of wear and tear. It’s great in entries, stairs and hallways, eating areas, family rooms, baths and kids room.
When deciding to install trim-work we will gladly help you determine which trim type is the best for the specific room. There are different trim types and here are some of the
- Most interior trim-work is done with softwood moldings like pine, poplar and basswood. This real wood trim is better if painted because it may have cosmetic flaws that are made up of shorter
pieces that are butt-jointed or finger-jointed.
- Hardwood like oak, cherry or maple, are better for clear finished trim work. When stained the textures of the wood is better revealed and creates a rustic feel. For a more rustic feel you may
want to stain with a lighter color or for a more formal look you can stain with a darker stain.
- Fiberboard trim comes pre-primed and ready to paint. It is less expensive than real wood trim. Its down side is that this type of trim cannot be stained. Its better used in rooms like bathrooms
and laundry rooms, areas that are more exposed to water and/or high humidity.
Want to lower the ceiling, raise the roof, enlarge or shorten a room with trim work? Call us today for your free trim work estimate.